Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Moto Stand

There comes a time in every motorcycle riders life when you need to lift your bike off the ground. This can be accomplished in many different ways. Built in center stands, rear wheel lifts, motorcycle specific lifts, milk crates, paint buckets, lift slings, moto-jack stands http://mrpulldown.blogspot.com/search/label/DR350.

Tired of all the make shift methods, I finally got myself a real moto stand. It helped that I did not have to drop big dollars on one. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=66552 $29.99

The lift mechanism requires me to stand on the lift pedal to lift my 300lb ish DR 350. The bike is still more or less balanced on the stand, so beware of the bike shifting and falling off it you remove a large amount of weight suddenly; like removing a wheel. Before buying check that the height of the stand will work for your bike. With mine, it was a little tall. I need to rock the bike slightly up on its kick stand in order to get the lift stand to slide under.


Another method that works well is a floor jack and a piece of 2x6".

No comments:

Post a Comment